Saturday, March 30, 2013

Getting ready to hike

Does anyone else turn preparing for a hike into a small ritual? Maybe it is my ADHD (I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon here, I've had it since childhood - a LONG time ago), which means I inevitably end up forgetting something. Maybe it is timed to psych myself up for the hike ahead.

I don't know exactly.

But it has become a comfortable night before and morning of ritual. Preparing and cleaning gear. Planning out evening and morning meals for maximum nutrition. Checking maps, weather reports and trail reports for the proposed route. Laying out the clothes for the hike and then piling it all into the car.

Of course it drives my dog crazy. He thinks this all involves himself or that he is about to go on a grand adventure.

So, do you have a pre-hike/bike/workout routine? How did it come about? How does it work for you?

Let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment